FMABookReviews's Reviews > Fighting Solitude

Fighting Solitude by Aly Martinez

bookshelves: aly-martinez, arc, reviewed, 5-it-fed-my-addiction-stars, favorites-of-2016

The Best In The Series!

I didn't think it possible to love two characters from this series more than I loved Till and Eliza from 'Fighting Silence'. Nor did I ever think it possible for Aly Martinez to top that book. I was wrong! 'Fighting Solitude' was so much better than I could have anticipated. I floved this. What is beyond good? That is what 'Fighting Solitude' is!

Fighting Solitude teaser1

I feel lost as to how to describe how and why I loved this story so much. It was beautifully written, the characters were thoroughly developed and dynamic, and the plot was solid, suspenseful, and emotional. I loved this friends-lovers story... I loved the slow-burn development of the relationship between Liv and Quarry. Martinez again stayed with her style of strong-willed and sassy females. I loved Liv's strength and calmness and her unwavering support for Quarry. She was his backbone, his ally, his rock. I loved Quarry's devotion to the one's he loved. His protective nature was not only awe-inspiring, it was incredibly sexy.  This makes for some incredibly funny and sexy banter. OMG and those texts, I LOVED them!

When I finished 'Fighting Shadows', I was a freaking mess. I was bawling like a baby who lost her pacifier. I was so frightened to read this book. (As I believe the majority of readers were/are.) As it turned out, I was right to be afraid. My fear was warranted. I cried so many times while reading Quarry and Liv's story that I am lucky my family was not home for most of it. I fear they might have wanted to medicate me. I cried sad tears - like devastating tears, but I also cried happy ones. I laughed - a lot --- for those parts, my family was home and my son said I as "weird". Eh, what can I say, I get so sucked in to Martinez's writing that I experience a variety of emotions right along with her characters.

At the end of 'Fighting Shadows', we see Quarry's life being torn apart. It was gut-wrenching. The good news, or bad - whichever way your heart looks at it, Fighting Solitude picks up right where 'Fighting Shadows' left off. And my gosh, did that hurt. The devastation that both Quarry and Liv felt was palpable.

Despite their guilt, heart ache, they must learn how to go on with life, manage the daily activities that we take for granted. What they have going for them, is a life-long friendship based on mutual trust (mostly) and a kind of love that only life-long friends share. They know each other better than anyone. Quarry knows Liv's deepest, darkest fears and works to protect her at all costs. Liv can sense when Quarry is about to lose his mind, when life just gets to be too much, and only she can bring him a sense of calm.
❝You love me.❞

Every. Single. Day.

Fabulously written, I cannot think of any other way this could have been written, nor any additions or subtractions to Quarry's story. It was perfect! This is why Martinez is a go-to author for me, and one of my author crushes!!!!

ARC graciously provided in exchange for review

goodreads banner

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fighting Solitude.

July 2, 2015 – Shelved
July 2, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
January 25, 2016 – Started Reading
January 25, 2016 –
40.0% "I did't think it was possible to love a book more in this series more than Fighting Silence. But I do. I flove this. What is beyond good? That is what Fighting Solitude is!"
January 26, 2016 –
67.0% ""
January 26, 2016 – Finished Reading
January 27, 2016 – Shelved as: aly-martinez
January 27, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
March 13, 2016 – Shelved as: reviewed
March 13, 2016 – Shelved as: 5-it-fed-my-addiction-stars
August 30, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites-of-2016

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

FMABookReviews IKR?!! GAH. I wanted to punch the guy!

Arabella ~♡AB♡~ And then kiss him! Lol

FMABookReviews Arabella ~♡AB♡~ (Mrs Jase Dean) wrote: "And then kiss him! Lol"

BAHAHA, ya, and a little more... ;)

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Wonderful review Angela :)

FMABookReviews Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤ wrote: "Wonderful review Angela :)"

FMABookReviews Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ wrote: "Beautiful review babe."

:-* Thank you, Allison! <3

ღFloღ the coffee addict Awesome review, Angela!! <33

FMABookReviews ❤️Thank you, Flo!

Christie«SHBBblogger» Terrific review, Angela! <3

FMABookReviews Christie«SHBBblogger» wrote: "Terrific review, Angela! <3"

Thank you, Christie! xoxo

message 12: by Stacey is Sassy (new)

Stacey is Sassy Great review my lovely :-) ♥

FMABookReviews Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Great review my lovely :-) ♥"

message 14: by Eliza (new) - added it

Eliza Wonderful review, Angela!xo

FMABookReviews Eliza wrote: "Wonderful review, Angela!xo"