Debbie's Reviews > A Good Man Gone

A Good Man Gone by A.W. Hartoin

Jul 02, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: free

It COULD have been a much better book. The double murder/stalking mystery...very good! But oh my gosh...on and on and on about what a slob Aaron is and all the stuff he eats. We get it! Then about how hot Mercy and her Mom are. Big boobs and looks like Marilyn, Marilyn Monroe that is because no last name seems to be need, especially when she is mentioned over and over and over again.
Her descriptions of the characters are detailed enough to really get a feel for their personalities. But the gluttonous of Aaron and the constant sleazy remarks towards Mercy were just overdone. Get past that and it was a very good storyline.
Also what irked me was that Mercy is a nurse, but the only way you'd know that is because she said so. She never seems to work. She is constantly being talked in to doing things for the family. She has to learn to say no.
Since there was a snippet of her next book in the series at the end of this one, I thought, ok, maybe she's learned her lesson. NOPE! Within 5 page of the beginning of the book, she describes the ill fitted dress that opens up at her bustline and splits up her thighs and the guy in the room can't stop staring. I see where this book is going. Even though I'd like to read more and would like to find out what happens to her Aunt's money, I just can't take anymore sexual harassment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Good Man Gone.

July 2, 2015 – Started Reading