Jen's Reviews > Me Without You

Me Without You by Kelly Rimmer

From the very beginning of this novel, as the title suggests, there is a kind of tragic inevitability about this story. However this is not a tale which will bring you down by any means, it is a pure love story, one that will leave you with a warm, if somewhat emotional feeling at the end. If of a certain age, where you have still yet to find that magical ideal of true love, then it may well inspire as well.

The characters of Lilah and Callum are very well observed and in this tale of opposites attract, every ounce of their lives, from their jobs to the descriptions of their apartments, shows you why they should not work and richly enhances the whole reasons why they do. The dialogue is very compelling and sympathetic and while I am not easily moved by any means, I found myself truly feeling the emotions at the end even losing a few tears in the process. If you are a crier, I would recommend a box of tissues kept nearby.

Kelly Rimmer has taken a difficult subject, one which is sadly all too real, and made it fun, accessible, emotional and given it a true voice. Well worth reading, no matter who you are.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Me Without You.

July 2, 2015 – Started Reading