Nina's Reviews > The Selection

The Selection by Kiera Cass

bookshelves: read-in-2016

I said I'd write a review for this book as soon as I've reread it and so I'm doing that now! The Selection is one of the books you start reading and suddenly you're on page 100, then on page 200 and suddenly you're reading the last sentence of the book but it feels like you've only just started reading it like 20 minutes ago.
The Selection is a very enjoyable read and I'd say it's perfect if you ever want to get out of a reading slump. I loved the book as much as I've loved it while reading it for the first time and I could never give it less than 5 stars!
I love the concept of the selection and think it's really entertaining. Many are saying that they absolutely hate America, the female protagonist, but I would definitely not say she's one of the worst characters ever. She's quite annoying sometimes and some of her reactions are completely unnecessary but in my opinion it's not as bad as many say and it definitely doesn't change the fact that this is a great and enjoyable book!
If you haven't read it yet, go check it out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Selection.

July 2, 2015 – Shelved
September 1, 2016 –
page 1
0.3% "Decided to reread the first three books of this series to prepare for the fourth and the fifth one! <3"
September 2, 2016 – Started Reading
September 3, 2016 –
page 231
68.75% "Loving it as much as I loved it when I read it for the first time!"
September 4, 2016 – Finished Reading