Darth J 's Reviews > Looking for Alaska

Looking for Alaska by John Green

it was ok
bookshelves: disappointing

I had been putting off reviewing this book for a while. It also took me much longer to read than I thought it would. Having read An Abundance of Katherines and Paper Towns first, I can say that Green seems to repeat a lot of the same themes and personalities. This may have been his first book, but it was probably my least favorite of the ones I've already read. (And no, I will not read The Fault in Our Stars for reasons.)

The one thing I did like about this book and saved it from being a 1 star was the bufriedo, which is a fried burrito.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Looking for Alaska.

July 1, 2015 – Started Reading
July 1, 2015 – Shelved
Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan Oloier I think this was one of my favorite John Green books.

Darth J Susan wrote: "I think this was one of my favorite John Green books."

I've only read An Abundance of Katherines and Paper Towns, so I hope I like this one.

Kristin It seems as this is people's least favorite, but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I've been hesitant on An Abundance of Katherines though, not really sure why. I really want to read Zombicorns though.

Darth J Kristin ❋extols death with luminescent brilliance❋ wrote: "It seems as this is people's least favorite, but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I've been hesitant on An Abundance of Katherines though, not really sure why. I really want to read Zombicorns th..."

An Abundance of Katherines was my favorite of the two of his I've read so far.

message 5: by Ria (new)

Ria Lol! Yes...I agree!

Tiffani I've only read John Green's Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars, and of the two I liked Alaska more. Paper Towns is next for me.

Dana Aw I loved this book, sorry it didn't work out for you. I think I became enamored with the mc because he was just as obsessed with quotes as I am.

Darth J Dana wrote: "Aw I loved this book, sorry it didn't work out for you. I think I became enamored with the mc because he was just as obsessed with quotes as I am."

You know, I may have liked it more if I read it first of all his books, but since I didn't, I found it was repeating his pattern. To each their own. I'm glad you liked it at least :-)

Dana Yeah this is my favourite of his, but its been a while since I've read the others. I found this one to be the most memorable.I barely remember what happens in paper towns, I know I liked it when I read it. Although maybe it wasn't that good if I cant recall the plot lol

Cortnie "Meh" sums up my feelings about the book pretty well. I tried to give it a chance, but when I guessed what was going to happen not even halfway through the book, it was a bit of a let down, lol.

message 11: by Ambs ❤❤ (new)

Ambs ❤❤ You have completely summed up my thoughts on John Green. Just like you, everyone continues to annoy me with trying to get me to read "The Fault in Our Stars". Nice review, short and sweet and to the point.