Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)'s Reviews > Blue is for Nightmares

Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Beautiful title, great coverart, the beginning of a famous series - this book had so much going for it that I couldn't help but order it.

And it was good.

I'd never believed creating a young-adult thriller was possible, but Laurie Faria Stolarz pulled it off. I was really freaked out by the plot, and yet it wasn't like an adult thriller - it was a definite teen. To the end I couldn't quite guess who was the killer, and the finale was a smash.

I adored the paranormal part - especially after learning the author was actually from Salem, Massachusetts; and the boarding high school was a good setting.

The tво stars are for a couple of reasons:
1. Authenticity - I would have liked a better developed romantic streak - it just didn't add up for me, the thing between Chad and Stacey. And most of the paranormal parts were really kind of silly. Drea and Amer were supposedly Stace's BFFs but they sure didn't act like it. It was annoying.
2. I wasn't really all that into the book. It took some time to read it, and I went through other books while still not finishing this one. Maybe it was just that the book was more appropriate for someone, say, 15 or 16, or something; but I read a lot of YA and don't believe so.

The good thing is, I'm sure, just by reading the summary, that the second book is much better. And I'd definetely set my sights on reading it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue is for Nightmares.

November 24, 2010 – Shelved
January 29, 2011 – Shelved as: own-on-paper
February 14, 2011 – Started Reading
February 15, 2011 –
page 68
23.94% "So far it's so realistic I'm a bit crept out. Seriously. But it's enticing as a thriller."
February 15, 2011 –
page 107
February 16, 2011 –
page 200
70.42% "This is getting really frustrating-intense and bitchy"
February 22, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011-read-list
February 22, 2011 – Shelved as: genre-romance
February 22, 2011 – Shelved as: class-young-adult
February 22, 2011 – Finished Reading
September 30, 2011 – Shelved as: book-first-in-series
September 30, 2011 – Shelved as: genre-paranormal

Malynda This series is my first love. <3

Adi (Reading in the Windowseat) That sound good.Can't wait to find time to actually get into the book =)