Angie's Reviews > The New Bear at School

The New Bear at School by Carrie Weston

liked it
bookshelves: children-s

Synopsis: "Boris the bear is new at school--and all the other animals are afraid of him! Pitch-perfect writing and delightfully charming illustrations will make this a treasured starting school story.

It's hard enough being the new kid at school, but when you're a big bear like Boris, it's even worse! Poor Boris tries his best to be gentle, but his sharp-toothed smile scares away his classmates. In the end, the animals find they love having Boris on their side!

With a heartwarming story and charming illustrations, THE NEW BEAR AT SCHOOL will touch anyone who has ever felt left out."

My Review: I picked this book up for Munchkin since he had to start a new preschool. I thought it might help him adjust to being the new kid. It is a cute story but I don't think it really helped with our transition. Boris is a little scary and actually ended up giving Munchkin nightmares instead of easing his way into a new school. It does have a nice idea about just being yourself instead of trying to fit in but it just wasn't the book for us.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The New Bear at School.

June 29, 2015 – Started Reading