J.Elle's Reviews > Invisible City

Invisible City by M.G. Harris

208599
Nov 23, 2010

did not like it

I'm hiding the review because of spoilers, but the only real spoiler is the time that was wasted to read the book.

Why I keep torturing myself to finish pitiful books that aren’t worth my time, I have yet to figure out. This was no exception. Joshua’s dad is reported dead and his mom begins to unravel as a result. Joshua is skeptical about the reports of his death and starts to investigate. It doesn’t take him long to get caught up in some huge Mayan mystery and he sets off to Mexico with two friends to get to the bottom of it. The clincher: HE’S THIRTEEN. (view spoiler) In case I haven’t been clear enough about my disdain for this book, I won’t be looking to read any more of this series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invisible City.

message 1: by Aura (new) - added it

Aura can I just copy and paste your review, because you said everything I was thinking lol. I'm not even going to waste my time finishing this book, I salute you for sticking to it.

J.Elle Thank you, Aura. I probably finished it for one of two reasons. Either because I was so incredulous about how ridiculous it was and had to be sure the theme carried through to the end or I had nothing else to read and was desperate. Perhaps it was a little of both.

Tyrion Yikes, sorry to hear that!