Emanuela ~plastic duck~'s Reviews > Easy

Easy by Ally Blue

Nov 23, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: rainbow-gay, glbt, contemporary, romance

** spoiler alert ** 01/18/13: Revised rating after a couple of years of reading m/m: from 4 to 3.

It was difficult to read this book because Stevie is a rent boy and the things he goes through in the story are awful. I know he's a fictional character, but I really care for the protagonists of the books I read and Stevie is adorable and he didn't deserve all the bad things that happened to him.

Whenever he put on his beautiful but fake smile to hide his hurt and fear, I felt so sad for him. The beginning of the book is shocking. The central part, where Dan and Stevie relationship blossoms, is sweet, even if Dan for most of the time is hiding his homosexuality and his feelings for Stevie. It's also good to see Stevie find his way in life, find a job and charm everyone who meets him.

The last part of the book is full of angst and I really felt sick while reading it. I know that sometimes I complain that there's not enough angst in a book, but reading Stevie's pain and the way he was treated was difficult to endure. But there's a happy ending, I'm just warning you that it must be earned.

The love story is beautiful. I am not giving 5 stars because sometimes I felt Stevie's past life didn't really affect him (or maybe, like I said before, he was really too good at hiding it).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

November 23, 2010 – Shelved