Vi (the Vi3tBabe)'s Reviews > Bumped

Bumped by Megan McCafferty

Nov 23, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: ebooks, own, 3-stars, reviewed

Not as good as I thought it was going to be, but definitely very different than anything else I've read. Megan created a very unique dystopian world and I thought the whole idea about "bumping" and how adults couldn't have children was pretty interesting. I also thought it was pretty funny about the whole Jondoe thing, him being THE sperm guy and all. Most of the book was about breaking down the logistics of this world and explaining to the reader what was going on and the meanings of all these new terms that Megan created, which was a bit confusing at first.

It wasn't until the end that things really started picking up and got exciting. I didn't even really like the characters that much. Maybe because I'm not that religious, but all that spiritual talk from Harmony didn't interest me in the slightest and I didn't care for her character at all. She seemed very narrow-minded and clueless, which I guess, should be expected considering the way she grew up, but still, it bugged me. Melody wasn't that great of a lead character either, although she did have her moments. I'd say the ending was the best part and definitely left me wanting to know what happens next. Although not the best, it's worth a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bumped.