Ashley's Reviews > Kisses from Hell

Kisses from Hell by Kristin Cast

Actual Rating: 2.5 stars.
I found this collection of shorts at Dollar Tree. I recognized three of the authors names but only one is the reason that I decided to waste my dollar.

“Sunshine” by Richelle Mead (66 pgs) - 4 Stars
Mead is the reason that I bought the book as I love her Vampire Academy series. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that her short story was set in the world of VA. This was a nice back story. You don’t have to read it to follow the overall VA story line but it was a nice visit back to the VA setting.

“Bring Me To Life” by Alyson Noel. (65 pgs) - 3 Stars
I recognized Noel’s name but I have never read anything by her. Her story was ok. For some reason even though it is close to the same length as Mead’s story, it seemed to take me much longer to get through it. At first it seemed rather pointless of a tale, before picking up in pace and then it felt rushed right there at the end. Not a waste of time but not so great that I feel the need to check out any of her actual books.

“Above: by Kristen Cast.(44 pgs) - 0 Stars
Cast is the last author that I recognized from the cover. I have read most of the ‘House of Night” series except for the last two books, I think. But after reading this, I think that those books would have sucked a lot more if she wasn’t writing them with her mom because this “story”?, “Poem”? … whatever the hell it is… just isn’t that good. It is crap actually. I am thankful it was short in length and made even shorter by the extra spacing used as artistic expression(?). I don’t know what the point of any of it was.

“Hunting Kat” by Kelley Armstrong (60 pages) - 3 Stars
I read that this was a tie in to a series much like Mead’s story but I have never heard of Armstrong, much less read anything by her. This small tale had me feeling like I was starting a new book or maybe even dropped into the middle of a regular book and this was before I knew that it was a tie-in. It wasn’t bad, just leaves me with the sense that I started a book and then misplaced it, never to know how it ended. If I wanted that feeling, I wouldn’t read a collection of shorts.

“Lilith” by Francesca Lia Block (24 pgs) 2.5
Ms. Block is yet another author that I have never heard of. But her story wasn’t too bad. It was very short. I think it would have been better with a few more pages. It ended so abruptly to me.

This wasn’t the best dollar spent but it wasn’t the worse either. At least I got a small V.A fix but even that tale wasn’t enough for me to bother with keeping the book. I doubt I will bother with any of the other books in this “series” unless I find them at a uber-discounted price as well.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kisses from Hell.

June 28, 2015 – Started Reading