Lynxie's Reviews > Dirty: The Five-Part Serial Bundle

Dirty by Cheryl McIntyre

bookshelves: gr-recommended, indie-author, 4-star-review, sexy

I read the first part of this five part serial on its own and I loved it. The characters and drama were great, it was raw, erotic and full of emotional turmoil.

The remaining four parts were just as gritty and raw, but it started to wear a little thin by the end. Also the suspension of disbelief needed to believe Link could actually get away with what he does in the story was a little too much even though I wanted to believe it.

At times Rocky acts like a petulant child and that started to grate on my nerves a bit, but when it counted she was there for Link so I guess a little tanty every now and then is allowed.

The sex scenes are hot, and reasonably well written, infused with some tender moments and emotional growth for all parties included. My favourite was probably the paint scene, mainly because I’d never read anything similar before.

That being said, the sex was too good if you catch my drift. Everyone cumming in sync and such which realistically just doesn’t happen. I’d have liked a little more realism in there... but I’m just being nit picky.

Overall I enjoyed this, but it does touch on some rather polarizing topics. Rape and assault as well as murder are all touched on, some in graphic detail. If these topics are a trigger for you, I’d give this book a miss.

I didn’t notice any typos or writing issues, but it’s possible I missed them as I’m a little rusty.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty.

June 28, 2015 – Shelved