MissHavoc {Cry Havoc! Reviews}'s Reviews > Slayed

Slayed by Amanda Marrone

Nov 22, 2010

liked it

So cute. I Really enjoyed Slayed. I found it rather light and entertaining, but it still had a great back story.

I loved the idea of the rival Hunter families, and that they were descendants of those who did away with Dracula. It was just a really well executed take on the modern "hunter legacy".

I felt so bad for Daphne. She just wanted a normal life, but had no idea how to go about that while she lived in motels and practiced arcane vampire slaying tactics. What's girl a have to do to go to the prom?!

Kiki aka Maybelle aka Daphne's new BFF was hilarious and the girls had great chemistry together. I also thought Kiki's back story was brilliant! I mean her parents are famous hippies in a children's music show. (think Yo Gabba Gabba on pink steroids) I mean come on, The Disco Unicorns!? Classic!

Slayed was just a sweet little vampire killing spree with some demons and girl-power thrown in for good measure. It was a quick read and I think if you're feeling like a fun and entertaining vampire novel, Slayed is just for you.

3.5/5 Stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slayed.