Tbird London's Reviews > Uncovering Love

Uncovering Love by Kacey Shea

20349967

bookshelves: 2015-books

****ARC provided in exchange for an honest review for Bare Naked Words*****
I was rather surprised at the outcome of this book. As I began to read it I thought the author was going to give us the traditional story of long lost best friend who comes home from the military and they hook up. Of course drama will occur when the third person in this BFF threesome wants him as well but she gave us something totally different and I found it entertaining.
Evie didn’t have the best job in the world, but at least she was somewhere that she could use her college education and work her way to the top. That is until she went to work and found she had been fired. Not knowing what she was going to do now, she texted her best friend Kate the 911 message that requested booze, friendship and a shoulder to cry on ASAP.
When Evie arrives at her home she is shocked to find Jon there a week early. Jon, Evie and Kate were best friends in school. Jon left for the military and has now come home with no place to stay and the chore of figuring out what he is going to do with his life. Evie lets him stay with her, that is what friends do and it doesn’t hurt to have a sexy ex-military man around the house to cheer her up after losing her job.
Kate arrives bringing the requested items and a great plan for Evie’s future. Her suggestion comes with a first client for the new PI services that will be based on investigating crimes of the heart. Kate has the “go after what you want” attitude and she really believes this is time for Evie to take her natural talent and shine, forget that college degree, and focus on digging up the dirt and putting the pieces of broken hearts together.
The rest of the book introduces Nate, the object of their investigation. As business picks up, Evie is left to deal with Nate one on one. Knowing in her head she needs to get the evidence on him, her heart is declaring war wanting to make a place for him. What do you do when you fall in love with your first suspect?
While this isn’t the kind of book I would normally just sit down and read, because it was lacking in emotional intensity and passion, I did find I enjoyed it as a light hearted escape from reality. The humor was a fantastic addition to the story and I loved the never say die attitude in the characters. I think I will like Kate’s story as I was more invested with her quirky attitude and bull dog behavior. I would say this would be a great beach/weekend read for anyone who wants to smile, laugh, remember the struggles of a new love and looking for a second chance to get things right. I will be watching for this author’s next book, count on that.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Uncovering Love.

Started Reading