Jayaprakash Satyamurthy's Reviews > The Swords Trilogy

The Swords Trilogy by Michael Moorcock

Nov 21, 2010

liked it
Read 2 times. Last read November 21, 2010.

I just finished re-reading this trology and I have revise my rating a star upwards, although I'd still say these are among Moorcock's weakest books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Swords Trilogy.

message 1: by Printable Tire (new)

Printable Tire Anything particular by Moorcock you'd recommend? I have a craptons of books by him but have never given them a shot since most are extremely long series I don't want to invest myself in. The one with the time traveling christ looks stupid too.

Jayaprakash Satyamurthy Behold The Man is actually pretty good, but I would suggest you start with the Jerry Cornelius quartet, which begins with The Final Programme or the Elric books, most of which stand pretty well alone.

Jayaprakash Satyamurthy Also even a mediocre Moorcock like The Swords Trilogy has more original ideas and cool shit going on than most other epic fantasies.

message 4: by Printable Tire (new)

Printable Tire Thats good to know. I'm glad I haven't been collecting these books in vain.

I have two copies of the Cornelius Quartet, it's definitely been the one that's interested me the most over the years. One of these days I will make the plunge!

Jayaprakash Satyamurthy The Cornelius Quartet is quite brilliant and The Dancers At The End of time comes close.