Angie McLain-Fan Girl Book Blog's Reviews > Insider

Insider by Olivia Cunning

11973963
****ARC PROVIDED VIA NETGALLEY****

5 Obscenely Seductive & Naughty Stars

I read all of the Sinner’s books so given the opportunity I had to read this book! I’m super pumped that we are getting a brand new series from Olivia Cunning; she does rocker romance in a way that leaves you fanning yourself while looking for air conditioning! Super sexy, extra addictive and all kinds of delicious. This first book in the brand new series focuses on the bassist for Exodus End, Logan Schmidt and Toni Nichols who has been tasked with creating an interactive biography about the world famous metal band Exodus End.

Toni has spent her life literally caring and taking care of everyone but herself, taking most of her education online after her father suddenly passed away when she was only 15 years old. She’s spent the years following raising her sister who is handicapped while her mother focused on her career. When given the chance to use her skills and get out on her own for the first time in her life, touring with a metal band, she isn’t going to pass it up. Even if that means fighting to prove that she is more than capable of doing this job and doing it well, she doubts herself being able to fit in amongst a bunch of hard rockin’ rockers, but her determination is key, and she will succeed, she will prove her editor wrong and her mother as well in the process.

“Just thinking about touring with the band made her stomach do summersaults, backflips, and cartwheels. She had an Olympic-level gymnastics meet going inside her.”

Logan has never had a shortage of female admirers, and being a member of the super famous Exodus End just adds to the appeal. Blonde haired and blue eyed, this man is a total panty melter. Women throw themselves at him and he is only too willing to oblige their desires of being with a rock star for a night, but never more than once. Logan loves them and leaves them just as quickly as he beds them.

When Toni and Logan meet, instantaneous heat burns between them even though the two could not be more opposite. Toni is drawn to Logan and within hours their passion for one another explodes.

“A sweet lamb left to fend for herself in a den of wolves. Whatever will we do with you?”

What follows next is nothing short of an additive, molten hot romance that will leave you swooning, sighing, fanning yourself, blushing, tingly, cursing and tingling some more. Insider is off the charts sexy. You will want to read this one all by yourself locked away where no one can see your reactions while you’re reading about Logan and Toni’s “lessons” hahahaha. Toni is so sweet, naïve, and inexperienced. She’s impossible not to love, but Logan is just mostly impossible and a total commitment phobe, but extremely possessive and totally jealous of anyone who dares glance Toni’s way, even his own bandmates. When Logan focuses all of his attention on making Toni his, she’s doesn’t stand a chance of resisting his many “charms”.

“Dare’s warning echoed through his thoughts, but he told it to shut the h*** up. He wanted her. He would proceed without a modicum of caution.”

Olivia Cunning does rock star romances unlike most others, she delivers the steamy and naughty scenes tenfold. Once I began reading this one I couldn’t put it down. I love rocker romances, they are my candy, and I devoured this one embarrassingly quick. I binge read this one. The writing is tight, clean and it flows wonderfully, the plot never lags and it keeps you flipping the pages right up until the very end. I loved getting to know all of the members of the band and now I cannot simply wait for the rest of the books that will follow in this series. Reagan’s book is going to a treat for sure *wink*.

“I have no problem brushing off a woman I’m not interested in. I know how to say no. If I wanted someone else, I’d say so. The only woman I want is you.”

If you like your romances indecently hot, dirty and naughty, smart, a little emotional, with lots of drama this book will hook you from the moment you begin. What a fantastic first book for this brand new series. I just adored all of the new characters, the story, the ups, downs and all of the things that happened in between *winks again*. Insider is not your mama’s romance, it may actually make you panties spontaneously combust from the heat it delivers.

“He’s shoved me outside my comfort zone so many times, I’m not sure I even have a comfort zone anymore. I’ll just hang on for the ride and see where he takes me.”
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insider.

June 26, 2015 – Shelved
June 26, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
June 26, 2015 – Shelved as: arc
June 26, 2015 – Shelved as: netgalley
June 28, 2015 – Started Reading
June 28, 2015 –
25.0% "Phew it's getting hot in here..."
June 29, 2015 – Shelved as: panty-melter