Donna {Book Passion For Life}'s Reviews > Infinite Days

Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

bookshelves: ya-paranormal-romance

Posted on: http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/

Infinite Days is the first book in the Vampire Queen series by author Rebecca Maizel, and oh boy, was it a great book.

The story follows Lenah who has been a vampire queen for over 500 years. She so desperatly wants to be human and therefore she begs her former lover Rhode to perform a rutial that asks for a massive sacrifice. Once Lenah is finally human, she must try to live out her life getting to know how the world works again and also how to act like a normal 16 year old girl. When she enrolls in Wickham Boarding school, only then does her human life began to take turns that she never saw coming. And the biggest shock of all is Justin Enos - who Lenah in completely falling for. However, her happiness it short lived, when her former coven try to track her down, to return her to her right full place as their queen.

I can't say how much I loved this story. It's one of them books that has been sitting on my shelf for quiet sometime and now i've read it, I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner.

Lenah for me, was one of the best female characters i've read about. She was such a likable person that you couldn't fault her. You see her change in ways a vampire could only dream of. As the story develops she begins to love again, laugh again and feel things she never thought of, and, reading how she finally discovers what a stereo is & snorkling is, I found it so much fun. You do see quiet a few different sides to Lenah during the story, her vampire & her human side and I love reading about both.

What I enjoyed as well, was the secondary characters like Tony and especially Justin. I was quiet glad the author didn't focus to much on the other girls in the story. She didn't do a typical, we hate you story. Eventually they accepted Lenah and become her friends and I did enjoyed how their friendship develops.

Overall, this is a unquie new vampire series. And I am eagerly waiting for the release of the next book - Well, with that cliffhanger, what more could you expect. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infinite Days.

November 20, 2010 – Shelved
March 14, 2011 – Started Reading
March 14, 2011 –
page 11
March 14, 2011 –
page 50
12.5% "really enjoying this so far :) Great characters :)"
March 15, 2011 –
page 97
March 15, 2011 –
page 275
March 16, 2011 –
page 317
79.25% "Oh no! I didn't see that coming. Poor Lenah :("
March 16, 2011 –
page 372
93.0% "I don't want this to end! Lol :("
March 16, 2011 – Finished Reading
August 15, 2012 – Shelved as: ya-paranormal-romance

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Shawna I can't believe you didn't read that sooner. I loved this book. Can't wait for book 2 to come out!!!

JoJo I know what a cliffhanger... I can't wait to find out what happens.

Donna {Book Passion For Life} Shawna - I know! I've had it for about 2 months aswell. It was so good - I love Justin now! lol :)

Jo - The cliffhanger was so bad! I was nearly crying, poor Lenah and Justin. Well, something must work out for her if there's book 2. I wonder what though? Any idea's? :)

Shawna Donna wrote: "Shawna - I know! I've had it for about 2 months aswell. It was so good - I love Justin now! lol :)

I think I bought this book like the day after it came out. I couldn't put it down once I started. Huge cliff hanger. Justin is a hottie :-) human hottie, needs to be added to our group LOL. Well her vampire boyfriend from the past is going to make an appearance. That is the only thing I am guessing. No idea what the future holds but can't wait to find out.

Donna {Book Passion For Life} As long as Lenah & Justin stay together I fine with whatever happens. I'm thinking she's going to be saved by that other vampire that keeps turning up? Can't think of his name.