❀Aimee❀ Just one more page...'s Reviews > The Assassins

The Assassins by Gayle Lynds

Interesting premise to the story. Several assassins work together for a job in the middle east that goes bad. Salvaging what they can, they each go back to their secret lives. In the current day the past comes back and envelops them all again.

Enter the main characters from other books by this author, Judd and Eva. I've never read other books in the series. I think I might have felt more invested in the characters and the story would have felt more alive for me if I had. It is evident there is a lot of history between the characters, and maybe that's why the book felt a bit flat for me. The author can certainly write well, and the story had a great premise.

There were times I felt disconnected. In my opinion, book plot could have been tighted up a bit. There were times with too much detail I felt wasn't really necessary.

Overall, not bad from the viewpoint of a reader who didn't read any other books with the same characters...maybe it would have been better if I had.

Thank you Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for a free digital copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Assassins.

June 23, 2015 – Started Reading