Samantha's Reviews > The Night Sister

The Night Sister by Jennifer  McMahon

Jun 22, 2015

bookshelves: 2015-books

A fun, creepy read for summer!

THE NIGHT SISTER is told in alternating narratives set in the past and present, but centers around the mystery surrounding the disappearance of a teenaged girl, Sylvie, in the 1950s and a motel in rural Vermont. In the 1980s, three high-school girls stumble upon the missing teen's suitcase- a discovery that will continue to haunt them into adulthood. When Amy, who is Sylvie's niece, as an adult stands accused of a horrible crime, her friends, sister Margot and Piper, must return to the Tower Motel to face the secrets they unearthed that long-ago summer.

Nicely paced and well-written, I found myself sucked into the story very quickly. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I was not expecting this book to go in the direction it does. That said, despite not being what I thought it would be, the conclusion/ending kind of worked out well.

Definitely recommend as a good, slightly creepy, book for summer travel or the beach/pool!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this novel for the purpose of review via the Publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Sister.