BookLoversLife's Reviews > Blades of Magic

Blades of Magic by Terah Edun

4020075

bookshelves: audio-book, for-review, for-blog-tour, on-my-kindle

This is my first Terah Edun book but it definitely won't be my last. I thoroughly enjoyed it. You are brought into the story right from the start and its pretty much a non stop, action packed, roller coaster.

I loved the MC Sara. She was totally kick ass. Despite what everyone thinks about her father, she knows that deep down if he did desert then he had a really good reason to. I admired her faith in him and her tenacity to prove him innocent.

I also love Saras' powers. The idea of her powers, if used constantly, could possibly make her become a beserker was unique and quite awesome! Not only does she battle the people who want to harm her everyday, she also battles her powers and fears.

Ezekiel was awesome too!! He was witty, kind, clever and an all round great person to know. I loved seeing both of them together and seeing their friendship blossom.

The plot was really fast paced and gripping. Poor Sara is put through the paces the whole way through. She is first hired as a watcher (a security guard for magical items). During this time she is forced to guard certain items multiple times, then she learns that her dad may be innocent and ends up as a mercenary to try to get information, then she is sent to a battlefield!! It was so fast paced but also well thought out and developed.

In all I really enjoyed this and will definitely keep on with the series. There are plenty of answers still to come!!

The audio of this was fantastic. The narrator nailed Saras' spunkieness perfectly. She gave each character their own "voice" so it was really easy to differentiate each one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blades of Magic.

August 18, 2014 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
August 18, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
June 21, 2015 – Started Reading