Lily Malone's Reviews > Home to Bindarra Creek

Home to Bindarra Creek by Juanita Kees

bookshelves: to-read

Juanita Kees has been nominated for all sorts of awards for her romantic suspense Tag Raiders series, set in the Roleystone area in the foothills of Perth, but this is her first foray into rural romance.
This is Book 6 in the Bindarra Creek series, comprising 13 authors writing a story per month for 13 months. I've only read one other Bindarra Creek book thus far.
While the books share a town and several secondary characters, each book can be read as a stand alone.
In Home to Bindarra Creek the hero (Dan) is coming home to Bindarra Creek where his mother still lives after his career in investment banking takes a turn for the worse during the GFC. Dan has several demons because some of the investments he and his bank promoted turned sour, and several clients were left out of pocket. Dan has done what he can to remedy this, but the demons remain for him.
The heroine (Alice) is a gorgeous character. Red-headed and strong, she is the town's park ranger. Alice has a tragic past involving her ex husband and child. They used to own the Bindarra Creek pub, but at the beginning of the book, Alice has sold the pub... yet doesn't know that Dan is the new buyer.
There is a whole cast of great characters in this book. I particularly loved 'Mutley' and 'Curley' and the two old blokes who appear throughout the book give it wonderful warmth and humour.
This is a beautiful, beautiful story. Warm-hearted and sensual, with lots of spice between Dan and Alice to keep those pages turning.
I sighed many times, and I had a happy sigh at the end. It's a lovely story and I recommend it to the moon and back :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home to Bindarra Creek.

June 21, 2015 – Shelved
June 21, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb Sawyer Home to Bindarra Creek by Juanita Kees is beautifully written & skillfully captures the essence of country life and new found trust - then love - between the characters Dan & Alice. I loved it!
Deb Sawyer