Srđan's Reviews > Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage of Human Consciousness

Reinventing Organizations by Frederic Laloux

Very thought provoking.

Let me highlight few ideas from the book:

If we start treating people as adults and allow them to express their whole selves, they will be able to realise much more of their potential. Their contribution to the company through their work will be far bigger than it would be otherwise. Also, maybe we should stop looking at companies as machines that we can build part by part and tweak to every smallest detail. Maybe we should look at companies as living beings and let them grow and evolve naturally by themselves.

These ideas obviously sound like a recipe for chaos and anarchy. But it turns out that when both responsibility and control are well distributed, fluid and self-adaptive order is created.

Many examples in this book show that companies led with this approach are more performant than traditionally managed companies. They also have more positive effect on their employees, customers, cooperants and wider communities they operate in. Some of the companies mentioned count their employees in thousands. Some of them are decades old. Definitely not examples that can be easily dismissed.

If these ideas spark your interest, there are plenty of references and recommended further readings at the end of the book. The author really did a remarkable job with his research.

This book is a well worth reading and pondering on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reinventing Organizations.

Finished Reading