Oana D. L.'s Reviews > Colivia regelui

Colivia regelui by Victoria Aveyard

19830899

''All i know is lightning.I can't remember my name,my purpose,what i'm fighting for-beyond the air in my lungs.Beyond one more second of life.''

It took me a little while to finish this book and now i regret the fact that i didn't pay attention more,that i didn't try to read it faster ;so i could get to the point where everything happened.But.a small part of me wishes that i could go back in time ,so i could read this book and not know what i know right now.Yet,that part of me is very small and my desire to know everything ASAP is bigger than anything else.

I never thought things could complicate more in this series,but this book proved me wrong.Everything evolved in such a way that at some point my head was spinning and i couldn't keep up with everything that was happening.But i loved every single moment.Why?Because i didn't have to chance to get bored or to think that it wasn't amazing.

''Dimly,i wonder how the hell Mare Barrow of the Stilts ended up here.A few feet from two kings,watching one more piece of our bloody history lock into place.''

What i love most about this series?It always keeps me on my toes,always makes me want to know more and i love the fact that is full of action.And the characters?Always badass and always surprising me.Those facts are important,those facts helped me read this book and those facts give me reasons why to read the next book.Because i know ,deep down in my hear,what will come next will be a storm in true glory.
Really,it was really crazy and full of surprises.Once again,i got the chance to read more about Maven's obssession with Mare.About what the Scarlet Guard was capable to do..And ,of course,the newbloods.And a lot of things.
All the action in this book was mind-blowing,especially the way some things happened:Mare's escape and the fight at the end of the book.The house's rebellion.Betrayal.Lies.Pain.Obssession.And many,many horrible things.

“Not a god’s chosen, but a god’s cursed. That’s what we all are.”

I am a little shocked,because this book was not written only from Mare's point of view.We get the chance to read Evangeline's and Camerone's chapters,written from their points of view..Well,i wasn't shocked about Camerone's chapters,but more about Evangeline's,because after all i always considered her a bad character,a cruel girl who wanted to be Queen and did everything in her power to show everyone that she was the best.But now?I don't know what to think.

Mare improved so much in this book.Being Maven's prisoner changed her a lot and i loved the fact that she was smart enough to take advantage of his obssession,not much ,but enough .She evolved into something amazing and prepared for anything.A lightning girl capable of doing anything for her people,for her family..for those who she loved and for all the Reds,newbloods and even Silvers.Even after she's been through hell and back,her strenght was amazing..But what happened at the end of the book?It was heartbreaking.

“Now I'm in a king's cage. But so is he. My chains are Silent Stone. His is the crown.”

Yet even that couldn't spare her from the pain Maven put her through.It was harsh and cruel,the action of a mad boy whose mind was blown apart by a cruel Queen,whom even after her death she still had power over him,over his mind.As much as i hate Maven,i must admit that i feel pity for him,for what his mother did to him.For what he became.I wonder what will happen next..If Maven still has a chance to change or if he will be destroyed.

“You aren’t alone.” The hope in his eyes cuts deeply. “You have your crown.”

Cal?A desperate prince who wanted to help everyone,especially Mare.A desperate prince who wanted to do everything he could to win the war against his brother,the King of Norta.Smart,strong and ready to burn everything in his path,Cal Calore is not someone you should mess with.But even after all the fight,even after everything and his dreams of escaping the crown,Cal's path was already made and forged.He had a sacrifice to make,something that broke his heart and mine.
I was happy to read again about Kilorn,Farley..Even about Mare's family:Bree,Tramy,Gisa and the parents.Shade's death was a constant reminder in this book and it was painful.

The way everything was written was brilliant and mind-blowing.From the beginning until the end,everything was intense and good,one of the reasons why i enjoyed reading this.
Crazy,crazy things happened in this book.A lot of new characters.Again!Full of ups and downs.Again!Full of surprises.Again!.An adventure.A fight between good and bad,where one girl was trapped in the middle.It wasn't easy.It wasn't a fairytale.It was a storm,a hurricane..Intense and beautiful.Sharp and Wicked.Epic and Brilliant..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Colivia regelui.

Quotes Oana Liked

Victoria Aveyard
“You aren’t alone.” The hope in his eyes cuts deeply. “You have your crown.”

Victoria Aveyard
“Those who know what it's like in the dark will do anything to stay in the light.”

Victoria Aveyard
“To stand in front of a person who is your whole world and be told you are not enough. You are not the choice. You are a shadow to the person who is your sun.”

Victoria Aveyard
“There are pieces of me, small pieces, still in love with a fiction. A ghost living inside a living boy I cannot begin to fathom. The ghost who sat by my bed while I dreamed in pain. The ghost who kept Samson from my mind as long as he could, I know, delaying an inevitable torture.

The ghost who loves me, in what poisoned way he can.

And I feel that poison working in me.”

June 19, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read