Mothwing's Reviews > Wenn die Haut zu dünn ist: Hochsensibilität - vom Manko zum Plus

Wenn die Haut zu dünn ist by Rolf Sellin

I've got a student who fits the profile of a highly sensitive person, so I thought this would be a good book for me to read up on his needs. Some of the theories this book proposes about highly sensitive people are very understandable and presented well but the amount of the junk science liberally sprinkled in ruin it for me.

It repeats the good points it does make (e.g., learn to create clear boundaries and stick to them, get in touch with what you want yourself, work with the realities of how your perception works rather than working on the outcomes) rather often when talking about different areas of life.

The assumptions it makes on gender are horrible (all relationships are between one bread winning man and one housewife woman. The highly-sensitive women emotionally blackmail their families when not losing themselves caring for their families, the highly sensitive men suffer under societies's views of masculinity and their blackmailing women). It also suddenly starts going on about disturbed energy flows and chakras, which is when it lost me. To the narrator's credit, he does not bat an eye and just keeps reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wenn die Haut zu dünn ist.

June 18, 2015 – Shelved
June 18, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
June 26, 2015 – Started Reading
June 26, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015
June 26, 2015 – Shelved as: abuse-and-bullying
June 26, 2015 – Shelved as: biography
June 26, 2015 – Shelved as: mental-health
June 26, 2015 –
80.0% "Lots of good ideas and suggestions and then, suddenly, sacral chakras and energy flows. Am impressed with the narrator who did not bat an eye and simply read on. I can't really take these parts serious at all."
June 28, 2015 – Shelved as: have-you-actually-met-women