Courtney's Reviews > Dismantled

Dismantled by Yara Greathouse

bookshelves: alpha-with-issues

***4 I need you in order for me to be WHOLE again STARS***
This is my first novel by Yara Greathouse, but it will not be my last.

This is the story of a group of friends and how they respond when one goes through a tragic situation.
Traxx has the life that every something man would love. He had great friends, a job he loved and his pick of willing and ready women. He was not looking to settle down, so the easier the girl the better, so he thought. He wasn’t naïve to Ciara’s feelings, but he had been warned and he didn’t want to cause a rift in his friends, so until he knew he was ready, he planned to keep having fun. After the accident, Traxx is broken on the inside and he is no longer whole. He needs his friends more than ever… Especially Ciara.
imamess
“I’m just not sure I am good enough for her. She’s a top shelf drink and I am a house poured shot.”
Ciara, Nugget, is a girly girl with a strong side. She can hold her own with her group of guy friends, but she would love it if one of her guy friends would take her out the friend zone. Ciara has a crush on Traxx but she does not want to compromise her friendship for a one time romp in his bed. Then when the accident happens, she makes it her mission to bring Traxx back.
There was a lot of sexual tension between Ciara and Traxx, and at times I felt myself screaming “Kiss her already”, “Tell him how you feel”, “get out of your own way”, “STOP listening to that crappy advice.” I just felt like they knew they wanted one another but they continued playing footsie!!!
really
Okay, so this book is difficult for me to rate. I LOVED the premise of the story. The beginning drew me in, and I was desperate to know more and find out what happen. Then when you find out what happened, my heart broke for all those involved. I loved how even though none of the friends were directly hurt, they were effected enough that it changed them. I enjoyed seeing the relationship between Traxx and Ciara grow. I also enjoyed how everyone rallied around Traxx. My favorite was seeing how Traxx’s brother was the only one who could truly get under his skin and get him to realize how dumb he had been.
I didn’t like the creepers. The first time I read one of their chapters, I was slightly confused. I like their portion of the story and I understand why they sis what they did and why they felt the way they felt. I also wasn’t completely convinced by Traxx’s history and why he behaved the way he did. I am glad Ciara had enough energy and patience to walk him through it, because, I would have given up. (I can be shallow at times, I admit this.)
This is the second book in a series about a group of friends and their intertwining love lives and friendships. It covers some difficult real life subjects and it may not be for everyone. I recommend giving Ms. Greathouse a try!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dismantled.

June 18, 2015 – Shelved