Catherine Siemann's Reviews > Jane and the Madness of Lord Byron

Jane and the Madness of Lord Byron by Stephanie Barron

Nov 17, 2010

bookshelves: romantics

I'd read the first two books in Barron's Jane Austen mysteries series, and though they were well-researched, they seemed to fall into a pattern -- Jane has a romance that is preordained to go awry, and solves a mystery. All very pleasant, but did I need to invest any more time? But I'm interested in depictions of Lord Byron in contemporary fiction, so when I was offered a copy of this I accepted with alacrity. I was pleasantly reminded that Barron knows her Austen, recreates the world effectively, and writes in a way that reflects period diction without being twee -- and she did a reasonable job of portraying a petulant, mesmerizing Byron, as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane and the Madness of Lord Byron.

message 1: by Gharader (new)

Gharader I'm glad to know that you liked it. It's in my Kindle TBR, and I think that I'll move it up a bit.

Catherine Siemann I have a Kindle sitting in the closet with a "do not open 'til Christmas" command. Considering how my books are devouring our tiny Manhattan apartment, I am very excited.

message 3: by Althea (new)

Althea Ann Glad you liked it! :-)