ekarifin's Reviews > Finding Audrey

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

Jun 17, 2015

bookshelves: book-in-english, goodreads-reading-challenge-2015, young-adult

Wow... being a parent is not a picnic. It makes me rewinding back my memory, did I that obnoxious when I was a teenager?

Well, I like this book so much. So much educations in one short, fun and hilarious story about Audrey in her dark glasses and her depressive episodes.

One thing to emphasize, bullying is a serious matter. This books makes me realize that there was one time, back in my elementary school, a senior tried to bully me (thought I didn't think that as a bullying activity until recently I read a lot about school bullies), not really serious ( I guess ), she and bunches of her friends were surrounding me and asking some stupid questions that I couldn't answer, and then they were just laughing in my face like their superior and better than me. Well, as an only kid in my family, I was accustomed to just mind my own matter and just sway away matters that I don't really care or like. See, I think it is one of the best thing of being the only kid in a family, I could be very independent, like 'I don't need you, I could do it myself', though it could be really lonely sometimes and trust me, I was a selfish and obnoxious one at that time, which is not good at all. Because of that, I tell you, if somehow you have an idea to only raise one child, please throw away that idea if you can because being an only child is no fun at all. Trust me, I am one, so I know what I'm talking about.

Gosh, I just reveal one of my dark side haha... aside from that, once again school bullying is a very serious subject that each education professional should realize how dangerous it is. The problem is, sometimes people just don't care or, as in Audrey case, consider her as an attention seeker, when the fact is there's a serious damage in Audrey's psychology because of that. People just don't get it sometime, but this book is really helping you understand that in the simplest way you could think of.

Anyway, this book is just one example that reading book about mental health, children education, children psychology and parenting method could be really fun. That's why I love Sophie Kinsella. Good job.

Note:
This book is recommended for both parents and their teenagers. Read it together could be really fun, both kids and parents could shout 'See, I told you so!' or 'Gosh, it is so you!'.

e
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Audrey.

Started Reading