Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > Shadow of Night

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness

liked it
bookshelves: own, fantasy-all

www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I'm not even sure where to begin. I didn't like this book as much as the first one. I loved the first one! I'm not sure what happened... my mood..the book itself. I do believe the last book in the trilogy will be as good as the first and I can't wait to read it.

There were so many people in this book, but the author listed in the back of the book who everyone was in case you got lost. Some of the things seemed to drag on but I can see where the author needed to add so much information. I didn't mind that one in the first one, but I still can't put my finger on what went wrong with this book.

On that note, I did love a lot of the book. I loved the ending the most!! I don't want to add a spoiler but I am so excited to see what's going to come of this new predicament!

I enjoyed meeting Diana and Matthew's fathers in this book. That was a mild spoiler, but your going back to the past so what do you expect :)

Diana learns some different things about herself and Matthew for that matter. I absolutely loved her firedrake!

They didn't really get what they set out to do, but they did learn a lot of things.

I loved that Diana didn't really put up with much of anyone's crap in the book. Matthew on the other hand was different. He wasn't a force to be reckoned with, he was just there. I'm not sure if it was the time, his father, or what, but he came to his senses as the book got closer to the end.

I sooooo wish I could mention the end but I know there are some people that haven't read it so I will keep that to myself :)

I would rate this book on my feelings right now as a 3.5. It makes me feel like I'm letting Diana and Matthew down. Yes, I get into my characters! Don't judge me :)

I look forward to The Book of Life!

photo Signature_zpsuuzsi0pt.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of Night.

June 16, 2015 – Started Reading
June 16, 2015 – Shelved
June 16, 2015 –
page 9
1.54% "Picks right up where the first one ended :-)"
June 17, 2015 –
June 29, 2015 – Shelved as: fantasy-all
page 43
page 116
page 116
19.86% "This one isn't as good as the first for me. Maybe it will pick up!"
page 198
33.9% "What his happening :( I don't like this book as much as the first one. I loved that one. Wahhhh"
page 303
page 414
July 13, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party Awesome review, Melissa! :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you David :) I try 0_0