Kelly's Reviews > An Uncertain Choice

An Uncertain Choice by Jody Hedlund

Jun 15, 2015

bookshelves: giveaway-books

I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway

~
Due to her parents' promise at her birth, Lady Rosemarie has been prepared to become a nun on the day she turns eighteen. Then, a month before her birthday, a friend of her father's enters the kingdom and proclaims her parents' will left a second choice. If Rosemarie can marry before the eve of her eighteenth year, she will be exempt from the ancient vow.

Before long, Rosemarie is presented with the three most handsome and brave knights in the land. But when the competition for her heart seemingly results in a knight playing foul, she begins to wonder if the cloister is the best place after all. If only one of the knights the one who appears the most guilty had not already captured her heart.

~
This book was a really light read for me. It was a little slow in the beginning, but after about 100 pages it started to pick up. Its a clean romance, which is a breath of fresh air. Almost none of the romance books out there are clean.

~SPOILERS~

When the courting starts, Sir Bennett and Sir Collins are very sweet, but almost unreal in the way they treated Lady Rosemarie. I think I liked them more when they weren't trying to impress her. I really loved how Sir Derrick didn't try to impress her and spent time with her doing the things she really cared about. I mean a fancy evening and gifts are great and all, but when it comes down to it, you spend the most of your time with your significant other just living everyday life, and for Rosemarie, helping her people was apart of her everyday life. I loved how real Rosemarie and Derrick were together and I absolutely adored their banter. It was so cute!
To be honest, I saw the abbot's betrayal basically from the beginning, although not to the extent of what had actually happened. He was really the only one who advised Rosemarie, and was basically second in command. He seemed to guide her to do what he wanted. Once she entered the convent, she would be pretty much blind to the outside world, and he would be able to control everything. It was a genius plan, really.
This book had the perfect ending, and I can't wait to read the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Uncertain Choice.

June 15, 2015 – Shelved