Ellz Readz's Reviews > The Demon Trapper's Daughter

The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver

bookshelves: to-read

My thoughts...I don't want to give away any spoilers, so I am going to be brief.

This is a great start to an exciting, fresh, YA series. This first book in the series introduces us to Riley, a young demon trapper who lives and trains with her legendary father. We also meet Beck, who is also an apprentice of Riley's father. Riley is a strong heroine, she is determined, dedicated, and tough. Aside from those admirable qualities, she has a soft side that makes her believable. I look forward to her growth in future books.

While The Demon Trappers Daughter was not non-stop action, there were some impressive fight scenes. Readers really get a taste of the life of the trappers, and it isn't all pretty. There is quite a bit of world building that sets the scene for the rest of the series. Oliver did a brilliant job of describing the world, while keeping me entertained. I loved the mix of demons, hunters, and other paranormals such as witches. The characters often visit a marketplace for unusual and magical items. I just wanted to jump in and go exploring. The whole world was very enticing.

Overall, I loved this book. I will be reading the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon Trapper's Daughter.

November 15, 2010 – Shelved