Heather's Reviews > The Invisible Bridge

The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer

Nov 15, 2010

bookshelves: historical-fiction, own

I think that this book is probably one of the most well written historical fiction books that I have had the pleasure of reading. The details and descriptions were so rich and vivid that I felt as if the author had taken me by the hand and walked me alongside the characters, putting me right there in the story with them. I could see it all so very clearly. It’s a story about family, love, courage, and survival. At times heartwarming, at others heartbreaking, this is a must read for any lover of WWII historical fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Bridge.

November 15, 2010 – Shelved
November 15, 2010 – Shelved as: historical-fiction
June 28, 2011 – Started Reading
June 29, 2011 –
page 65
9.98% "I have my hands on an excellent book here! Very excited about this one."
July 1, 2011 –
page 651
July 26, 2011 – Finished Reading
September 19, 2014 – Shelved as: own

Vicki How is it?

Heather It's excellent, Vicki...both the story and the writing. I've been super busy here recently and haven't had much time for reading. I'm looking forward to getting back to reading this!

Vicki I hope things are going well. I really need to pick this up soon. I think the library has it, but its been checked out for awhile.

Heather I have it on my Nook. I wonder if it's lendable? I'll have to check and see and if it is, I'd be happy to lend it to you when I'm done with it! You ended up getting a Nook when you bought your e-reader, didn't you? I was thinking you did, but my memory is not always very reliable. LOL

Vicki Yes, I have the Nook. But I doubt it's lendable. It seems that much isn't

message 6: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette Oh, i just checked and my library finally has it...checked in. Am excited about this one

Heather Yep, you're right Vicki...it's not lendable. Bummer!

Bernadette, I hope you enjoy it! :)

Vicki Well, keep me posted on how it turns out for you and I will keep an eye out for it.

Heather Will do! I decided to take a break from it to read Daughters of Rome since it's the HF group read this month. I should be finished with that tonight and then will be getting back to Invisible Bridge. Can't wait to pick it back up!

Tasha You finished! I'm waiting to read your review once I'm done but glad to see it is a 5 star read for you. :)

Heather Yep, I wanted to make sure I had it finished up before we start on The Count of Monte Cristo!

The Invisible Bridge was wonderful! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. :)

message 12: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura When you reading Count, Heather?

Heather I read it last month, Laura. :) It was great! A 5 star read for me.

message 14: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Lol and I bet you mentioned it. >>>>>>>My memory <<<<<<<<

Glad you loved it!

Heather LOL I did, but that's okay...You know I totally understand those memory issues as I have the same problem! ;)

message 16: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Heather, do you think I would like this?

Heather Yeah, I really think you would. Have you read a sample of it yet?

message 18: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura I read the first page and wasn't drawn in, so that's what concerned me. Maybe it's a slow starter?

Nice to have you back! Missed you! (((((((((H)))))))))

Heather Thanks! ((((((((L))))))) :)

It's been awhile since I read it and I can't remember if it took me awhile to get drawn into it or not. :/ Might be one that you need to give a chapter or two to see if it grabs you.

message 20: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Yeah, I guess I could always do that. That's a good idea, H.

Heather I loved this one, so I definitely think it's worth a try.

message 22: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Ok, I will definitely try it then. (((((((((((H)))))))))))

Heather ((((((((L))))))))

message 24: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Heather, do you think Vic would like this? This is one audiobook I definitely have that could possibly work in terms of logistics - library doesn't need it back and no waitlist. Not sure if it'd be for him though. Is it too romance-y? I think he'd like the WWII angle.

Heather He may like this one, L. There is a romance thread in it, but it wasn't like reading a girly romance at all. It's a wonderful historical fiction. If he enjoys hf and wwii, then he may really get into this one. It's very well done.

message 26: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Thanks, H!

Heather Let me know how it goes if you guys end up reading it! :)

message 28: by Laura (new) - added it