Rae Quigley's Reviews > Courage and Other Demons

Courage and Other Demons by Jill Daugherty

Originally posted on Drunk On Pop

I am absolutely in love with Courage and Other Demons!! The concept of the fae is so fascinating to me, and so I used to read quite a few different young adult novels and series to “get to know them better” I guess you could say. This was easily my favorite of the bunch. I really enjoyed the inclusion of Irish folklore, and liked the idea of this big bad faery being able to cause damage across the World. The idea of a “normal” girl being the one that’s going to save the world isn’t new, but I liked the way that Jill Daugherty went through with it. It’s normal for someone to hear news like that and fight it, not want to do it, etc. I felt like for the most part the reactions Maggie had were pretty accurate. I mean, I wish the poor girl could have been a bit quicker to catch on to some things, but I choose to pretend like she was just in denial.

I’m really excited to read the other books in the series. I have become really emotionally attached to the characters and the story, and for the first time in a while I’ve found a series that I feel like I need to keep reading immediately. I was reading on breaks at work, when I should have been sleeping, the whole nine yards. To be honest, I’m surprised this isn’t one of those books that the reading community has latched onto like they did with other series. That’s how good it is. There were some minor issues while reading, and I definitely had to go into it with a suspension of disbelief, but it was an enjoyable read for sure.

PLEASE NOTE: I received a free copy of this book from Roger Charlie in exchange for an honest review. All opinions held within this review are my own thoughts and feelings and do not reflect upon anyone else.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Courage and Other Demons.

June 14, 2015 – Started Reading
June 14, 2015 – Shelved
June 14, 2015 –
page 16
4.42% "I really like this so far."
June 14, 2015 –
page 34
9.39% "Did she really not make the connection between her book and her dream?"
June 16, 2015 –
page 69
19.06% "I just love Maggie! The narration is wonderful"
June 25, 2015 –
page 279
77.07% "I am ready for the big twist to be revealed. Also please tell me there's a second book?"
June 28, 2015 –