Kelley's Reviews > Unchanged

Unchanged by Jessica Brody

bookshelves: audiobook, own-physical, fiction, passes-bechdel-test, science-fiction, own-signed, ya

After my 3-star experience with Unforgotten, I was a little nervous about Unchanged, but my sister assured me that this book would not disappoint. So, I took her word for it and dove right in -- she was right! Unchanged was pretty damn awesome.

What I've really enjoyed about this series is the progression of setting. That might sound weird, but some series take me to new places I wasn't wanting, etc. This series has taken me on a wild ride of fascinating discoveries! It was a LOT of fun getting to see their version of the future, complete with slang and swear words that actually felt *right* for once!

It has also been a treat to watch how Seraphina has grown, changed, and learned about herself throughout this entire series. The way this book begins -- and progresses -- is just plain brilliant on Brody's part, imo. You get to see so many possibilities, so many different sides to people and I absolutely love that!

The resolutions at the end were some surprises as well, which is usually a great thing. I still feel a bit undecided on some of the final outcomes, which is why I didn't rate this higher than 4 stars. But still. This was a VERY solid book and a GREAT ending to the series!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unchanged.

June 14, 2015 – Shelved