Dora Esquivel's Reviews > Submit By Treaty

Submit By Treaty by Kayla Stonor

bookshelves: bdsm, action

OMG!!! This is a must read. The cover really captures your imagination and as I read the fist word, I was hooked. Zeus is such an intriguing character. So strong, so alpha, so very male, but as you read on, the pain and desperation this man has felt is heartbreaking. He is such a lost and damaged soul. Zeus is weakened by the trauma he endured, but yet at the same time, that trauma makes him an elite solider. When he is unable to run away from his desperation, he is unable to face his past. He hates asking for help, but he desperately needs it. The only person strong enough to offer him this type help is Qui Commander Meseri, I really liked her character, dutiful, strong, compassionate, yet not necessarily ruthless. The scenes between them were steamy!
As I kept reading, I could feel how tentative the treaty between Qui and Earth is and how close it is to collapsing. The scars of all the human prisoners were still there. No simple bad-aids were added, giving the storyline an edgier, darker, raw feel. Even though they all found love, suspicion, weariness of captivity and war, have taken their toll on all parties involved.

If I could recommend one series to read for the summer, this would be it! You need to start with the first book. This series has it all, drama, intrigue, sex, love, angst, desperation, and action.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Submit By Treaty.

Finished Reading