~Tina~'s Reviews > Gregor and the Code of Claw

Gregor and the Code of Claw by Suzanne Collins

Nov 14, 2010

bookshelves: middle-grade, read-2010, fantasy
Read from November 14 to 16, 2010

Did I love this more then Harry Potter and Percy Jackson? Not quite, but I have to admit, I've really enjoyed myself with this entire series. Not only was it action packed, suspenseful and has some really great humor, but it's also a fun creepy world that you can't help but get lost in, even though reading about giant rats and bugs still gave me the willies here and there.

Gregor and The Code of Claw was an excellent ending to a wonderful series. It's not quite the happy ending that I admit I was hoping for, but lets face it, this is one of Collins books so I guess I shouldn't have been shocked. I cried, and that's all I'm gonna say about that. Still, I thought the ending was very well done and it's something I can actually say I'll miss.

Gregor, his friend and his family are just amazing characters and I was thrilled to share there experience by reading these awesome adventures.
A must read for any fan of Collins and any fans of fun fantasy that is like no other!

My Applause!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gregor and the Code of Claw.

Comments (showing 1-18)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Alexa What the... Speeder!

hehe j/k I'm just a slow reader. :p

~Tina~ 6 hrs trip to and from Niagara Falls does wonders for your reading ability;)

message 16: by Morgan (new)

Morgan F Eek! A mouse-thing! Ew!

~Tina~ LOL! Yeah, it just gets creepier and creepier ~does the heebeejeebee dance~

Alexa Ripred is so awesome. And funny. *A*

message 13: by ~Tina~ (last edited Nov 14, 2010 05:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Tina~ Yup, never did think I'd ever like a rat;)
I adore Ares:D

message 12: by Alexa (last edited Nov 16, 2010 07:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa I'm depressed though... Why did he say "Probably not"? :( Does he really believe that?

~Tina~ I think he does believe that:( It's depressing but I expected it from Collins.

message 10: by Alexa (last edited Nov 16, 2010 08:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa But what about when he's older? :( It's just, it seemed that's what he cared about the most in this book (other than his family). Then when it's all finally over, it's like he doesn't care as much as he did throughout the book. :'(

message 9: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Okay I'm definitely getting this series. I love Collins and I miss her writing.

~Tina~ I dunno, maybe he just stopped feeling after everything that's happened to him. I know the series is over, but it doesn't feel quite over. Maybe Collins will surprise us with a continuation.

~Tina~ Arlene wrote: "Okay I'm definitely getting this series. I love Collins and I miss her writing."

I hope you love it!
I changed my mind, I think I'm gonna buy this series, it's a great set for when my boys get older and I want them to get familiar with her work before I give them THG! XD

Alexa ~Tina~ wrote: "I dunno, maybe he just stopped feeling after everything that's happened to him. I know the series is over, but it doesn't feel quite over. Maybe Collins will surprise us with a continuation."

I hope so. I remember thinking that after I realized there was no epilogue or a "The End" written. ;.;

~Tina~ Yeah:( The ending was cute, with Boots and his name and all, but I wish we got an Epi like Mocking Jay, which right now I really appreciate more then before.

Alexa For real. o_o
(OMG just thinking about it, I would have been so depressed if she didn't write an epilogue for MJ. x_x)

~Tina~ She was wise to give us the closure that we would have so desperately needed to survive.
Seriously! @.@

message 2: by AH (new) - added it

AH Looks like you really enjoyed this series a lot.

I didn't know it was the last one. The hardcover was on sale at Chapters for $5.99, I guess the paperback must be coming in soon.

~Tina~ I'm still hoping it's not the last, but yeah so far it is:( I liked it a lot. I'm gonna get all the books so my boys can read them one day. They'd just love all the bugs and rats and bats LOL!