Mary ♥'s Reviews > Their Fractured Light

Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman

bookshelves: covers-i-fell-in-love-with, faves

5/5 stars

We see them as they cannot, will not, see each other--we see his heart in the way he looks at her; we see her soul calling out for his every touch. It would be so easy if they could only see inside each other as we can.

And yet, there is beauty in the way they find each other: slowly, in a fragile dance of sidelong glances and accidental touches. To see them come together, souls binding without knowing each other as we do, without being certain of what the other's heart holds, is to learn something new...

Faith

description

That was honestly a great ending for the series. It had exactly what I wanted it to have. Action. Romance. Plot Twists. Heartbreak. And hope, beyond everything, a feeling so powerful that can defeat all fears

Sophie is a girl who lost a lot. And this time, with the choice she's chosen, with the mission she's preparing herself for, she has nothing to lose, but her own soul. Her only goal is one: Kill Roderick LaRoux

Gideon is a boy who has survived a lot. He is a skilled hacker that nobody was able to catch. And he has wounds that he hopes will be healed when he achieves his goal. His mission, is one: Stop Roderick LaRoux

They collide under unexpected circumstances, to draw a line to the bloodshed the LaRoux companies started, for different reasons each. But can they learn to trust and love each other, for who they are, despite everything?
And when other people (guess who ♥) start getting involved, can they really all save the galaxy, or they'll lose everything the ever dreamed of, forever?

Sophia and Gideon's romance were the cutest thing I had ever seen. Their story didn't of course surpass the one of Jubilee and Flynn, my favorite couple of the trilogy, but indeed was a light in a world of war, corruption and loss. The romantic involvement in this book never fails to amaze me, since they've used every popular romantic trope without to make it look cliche, too cheesy or too melodramatic.

A thing that slightly annoyed me was the fact that there was not a huge relationship between the squad. Jubilee, Flynn, Lilac and Tarver did have the element of squad I loved but Gideon and Sophia felt to me a bit out of place. I would really love to see a companion novel where they all fight a new threat together, so that I would be able to experience the exploration of their friendship myself.

The writing and the plot twists never failed to amaze me, as always, and in this book some crazy stuff went down, something that made me even more excited to see how it would all turn out.

I am surely going to miss these characters, and I want to thank them all for teaching me something. Lilac showed me that you are your own person , and not who your family or the people around you tell you to be, while Tarver gave me some of his bravery, his ability to hold on, despite the difficulties and the hope that burned within him . Flynn, my favorite pacifist, taught me to always search for a reason of peace and calm , and always fight for what I love, without to harm anybody, while Jubilee, one of my all time favorite characters of all time, taught me to be strong, fearless, and never stop dreaming . Sophia taught me to be persistent and never give up, and Gideon taught me to be adaptable and never let anything bring me down.

Overall, I adored this series so much that it makes me really sad it's finished. My favorite book was the second one, and my favorite characters were Flynn and Jubilee, but I have a soft spot for everybody in this story.

Until we meet again, believe in love, and faith and hope ♥
And always follow the red strings of fate, but never let them control you if you want to turn away and run to your own direction.
And please, if you like romance, science fiction and dual POV stories, do a favor to yourself and read the Starbound Trilogy ♥
~Mary

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Their Fractured Light.

June 14, 2015 – Shelved
June 14, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
August 14, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
June 1, 2017 – Started Reading
June 5, 2017 –
June 8, 2017 –
20.0% "I don't know if I will ship Sophie and Gideon as much as the previous couples but I do squeal happily every time Lilac and Tarver or Jubilee and Flynn are mentioned"
June 12, 2017 –