Harry Whitewolf's Reviews > International Bankster$

International Bankster$ by James Morcan

28206267

bookshelves: conspiracies-and-politics

If you read only one book from the Underground Knowledge series, make sure it’s this one. It’s the best of the series so far by a long shot.

In the first chapter, you’ll find this quote: “(Banks use) your money to invest then (give) you a fraction of what they make in interest. Sometimes that interest can actually end up being nothing due to the "fees" they actually charge that are excessive and fraudulent in most cases.”
That would seem like a fair and objective analysis of describing the banking system, which we all know – if we stop to think about it – is set up to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

So, that’s what we all know already, and yet that’s just the tip of one mother-effin’ iceberg of deceit. So why don’t we change it? After all, it is OUR money. Oh, but economics is such a vast subject which most laymen won’t fully grasp, so how could we ever change a system that seems to be so inbred in our society and which we’re sold as serving us? Well, this book manages to identify major concerns, relying heavily on quotes and sources, to show just how the banking system has duped us all. This isn’t about conspiracies or anarchism or anything like that, because in this book you’ll find simple, easily digestible, objective FACTS. And the upshot is: we’re being screwed. This book tells you how.

So, that’s one reason why this book is the best of the series so far – because money is at the root of all problems. Solve that and you solve a hell of a lot of the world’s major issues (crime, funding for terrorists, hunger etc.) If everyone who cared about social justice put ‘reorganizing the economy’ at the top of their agendas, surely everything else would follow. Ending poverty should be our number one priority.

This is also the best of the series because it doesn’t just outline the problems, it also highlights some very viable and simple solutions. As much as I like to rant about toppling power structures and the like, I don’t believe there’s any particular point in doing so unless some sort of plan is put in place first. Occupy and other movements know what they want but they don’t really know how to get it. Making a fairer society means changing the system not eliminating it. It just needs to be ‘a system’ rather than ‘The System’, if you see what I mean.

Amongst the solutions put forward in International Banksters, I particularly like the example of the little-known story of Dauphin in Manitoba in the 1970s. The town received a basic welfare income for five years and practically eradicated poverty. Such things are possible.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read International Bankster$.

June 12, 2015 – Shelved