Jared's Reviews > An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems

An Inconvenient Book by Glenn Beck

M 50x66
Jan 21, 2008

Recommended for: Anyone willing to try to make change
Read in January, 2007

I rated this at 5 stars just to counter the mandatory 1 star I had to give Al Gore's book. This book is by no means just a counter to Gore's book but includes other issues as well. Some are deserving of this rating and others are just meant to be humorous.

The chapters on global warming, marriage, radical islam, political correctness, income gap, minimum wage, UN and others have good ideas and counter so much of the crap that we hear from so many sides in the media today.

Some of these chapters have very real solutions that should be explored but probably won't. Too many of them are held up by politicians and will never see any change until something radical happens. I would have thought something radical had been done already on many of these problems. Obviously not radical enough to evoke change by our politicians and not enough for us to change things at the polls or ballot boxes.

I personally think that Beck has hashed out these issues and is trying to take a reasonable look at what can be done with some of these issues. Logic plays an important part in any decision we make in life and I believe he is trying to find logical answers to the tough questions that we all face as a whole and also on personal levels.

Take it with a grain of salt as you would any talk show host or any political figure. But read it with an open mind and check out his claims. Do your homework and don't just follow along like so many sheep that already make up the US populace.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Inconvenient Book.

message 1: by yaoknerd (new) - added it

yaoknerd sorry for your loss