Gaele's Reviews > When Love Happens

When Love Happens by Darcy Burke

bookshelves: 2015-new-to-you-reading-challenge, avon, edelweiss, reviewed

Tori and Sean had chemistry that nearly short-circuited my eReader! That chemistry had the two in a whirlwind romance culminating with a quickie wedding in Las Vegas. But, the tragic death of her brother has Tori running from her marriage and new husband as she wallows in guilt and regret.

Sean had to return to Europe for a work commitment that keeps him away from Tori, but he’s not willing to give up on their marriage. When the opportunity to produce a reality show that involves Tori and the rest of the Archers is too good to pass up, he grabs the chance with both hands. But, Tori is planning a divorce, and hasn’t told her family about her husband.

I found Tori difficult to like, even in her grief. But Sean was fabulous: honestly caring and willing to go to great lengths to get Tori to see just how wonderful their relationship could be. While their chemistry is off the chain, there is so much more depth to Sean’s desire for her, and his willingness to push, prod and poke at Tori to see what is right in front of her eyes.

Wonderful storytelling, solid characters and several secondary characters that add depth and background to the story kept me engaged and amused. With interactions ranging from steamy to sentimental and every variation in between, readers can’t help but read on and want to know more. Working well as a standalone story, I’m now needing to read the earlier books in the series as I anxiously await the next.

I received an eArc copy of the title from the publisher via Edelweiss for purpose of honest review. I was not compensated for my review: all conclusions are my own responsibility.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Love Happens.

Started Reading