Marine's Reviews > Peter Pan

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

All these years I've travelled far away from the Peter Pan phenomenon, from Disney to the numerous movies inspired by the novel (the only thing I remember is that great attraction in Disneyland Paris where you're surrounded by stars and you fly in the Jolly Roger - but I think I digress). I still don't understand how I could have avoided such a masterpiece at school, or how nobody ever told me before to put down my cartoons and go read something that important.

Everything involved here is so beautifuly approached that I'm still emotional trying to explain myself. This is the kind of story which can follow you decades after, not only thanks to the writers' extraordinary writing style but also because of its poetry and the scope of its morality.

“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.”

Last thing but not the worst one, I ship so much Peter and Wendy. Just. Yes.

peter & wendy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peter Pan.

Quotes Marine Liked

J.M. Barrie
J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

J.M. Barrie
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.”
J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan

January 4, 2016 – Shelved as: really-cute
January 4, 2016 – Shelved as: turned-into-movies
January 4, 2016 – Finished Reading
August 12, 2017 – Shelved as: books-i-own

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Stargirl My favorite movie being Hook, I can't say I stayed away from Pan like you did but I did avoid the Disney movie (while I love Disney) a lot. I was just not interested.

Yet, like you, after years of ignorance, I finally read Peter Pan and it was a revelation! What a book!

I'm glad you enjoyed it to!

Marine Aw, we sure have that in common! Glad to know I'm not the only one... it's never too late! ;)