Jodie's Reviews > After I Do

After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Jun 10, 2015

bookshelves: genre-adult, genre-realistic, genre-romance, i-own-ebook, i-own-hardcopy

See more reviews at Words Read & Written

I picked this one up after seeing a review on Perpetual Page Turner. I'm sort of over YA at the moment, so I was looking forward to delving into something a little more mature.

I found the subject matter extremely interesting - the casual disintegration of relationships - because why does that even happen? It makes me so sad that two people can get so used to each other that they forget to appreciate what they have. So interesting.

Why do we do this? Why do we undervalue things when we have them? Why is it only on the verge of losing something that we see how much we need it?

I've never read a book like this before, and as someone who wants to get married someday, I found this novel really engrossing. It definitely sucked me in. In a nutshell, After I Do is about relationships and how different things work for different people. It's about letting go of expectations and doing whatever it is that makes you happy.

A great read!

My Verdict - 5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After I Do.

June 10, 2015 – Shelved