Jilly's Reviews > Magic Binds

Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews

Can I borrow some stars from someone? I don't have enough to give this book.

How does a series keep getting progressively better? It was soooo freaking good that I feel like I need to lower every other rating I've ever given so that this 5-star rating has more meaning.

Kate & Curran are getting married and as an early wedding gift, the witches give Kate a prophecy in which everyone dies if she marries Curran - and everyone dies if she doesn't. Huh. That's a below-average wedding gift. They really should have went with the toaster.

ok, okay... I guess there are worse gift ideas out there... (that chick at the top must really work out!)

Of course all of this death and destruction will come from Daddy-dearest, and he is one powerful dude. How do you kill an immortal god-like creature who has been alive for 5,000 years? Kate is trying to really think outside the box for this one.

"If I kill myself, will he die?"

"You're not killing yourself," Curran said.

"You can't tell me what to do."

Okay, keep thinking, Kate. I'm going to have be on Curran's side for this one. Let's call suicide "Plan B".

This book was just packed with action and new magical beings. Every time I think they will run out of ideas for unique magical characters, they blow my mind with something new and unexpected. Christopher pretty much rocks.

The only negative of the book: Barabas should have seen him in the suit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Binds.

June 10, 2015 – Shelved
June 10, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 20, 2016 – Started Reading
October 20, 2016 –
page 0
0.0% "Yes!! My patience on the library waiting list has paid off!!\n\n\nOf course I need to go read the last three to remind myself of everything first - so it will be a couple more days before I start this one."
October 22, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
October 22, 2016 – Shelved as: girls-i-want-to-hang-out-with
October 22, 2016 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
October 22, 2016 – Shelved as: vampires
October 22, 2016 – Shelved as: werewolves-and-other-furry-shifters
October 22, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review,darling!

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Terrific review, Jilly. I would share my stars but I hoard them. :D

Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom* Great review, hon! :)

Jilly Thank you, Ladies! :D

Darn, Maria! That will teach me. I need to become a hoarder too. Good things happen to hoarders. ;)

Cris Great review! I personally hope they will write a short novella with Christopher and Barrabas. So much potential for cute <3

Jilly Cristina wrote: "Great review! I personally hope they will write a short novella with Christopher and Barrabas. So much potential for cute <3"

Yes, Christina! That would be awesome! :D

Lakshmi C Great review, Jilly :)

message 8: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review Jilly :)

ᑭIᑭEᖇ⒤ᗩᗰ Awesome review chickie :):):)

message 10: by mich (new) - rated it 5 stars

mich I felt the same way about the suit!! ;)

message 11: by Alp (new)

Alp Take my stars. You can borrow mine for as long as you please! LOL Glad you loved this one, Jilly! :)

Jilly Lakshmi wrote: "Great review, Jilly :)"
Thank you, Lakshmi! :)

Jessica's wrote: "Great review Jilly :)"
Thank you, Jessica! :)

ᑭIᑭEᖇ⒤ᗩᗰ wrote: "Awesome review chickie :):):)"
Thank you, Piper! It's an awesome series. :D

mich wrote: "I felt the same way about the suit!! ;)"
Yeah, I really want to know more about that relationship. ;)

Alp wrote: "Take my stars. You can borrow mine for as long as you please! LOL Glad you loved this one, Jilly! :)"
Thank you, Alp! ;)

message 13: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia Hey I would to know few things:
Did the heroine ever get raped?
Is there cheating in these series?
Does it has love triangles?

Jilly Hi Sofia!
NO! Kate never gets raped. Nobody would dare rape Kate. She would kill the hell out of them.
NO! No cheating. Again, Kate would kill the hell out of Curran if he cheated on her.
NO! No love triangle ever. The main couple take a few books to get together, but that just makes the story better because it builds up. There is never another guy in contention once she meets him.

I hope that helps. This series is one of those ones that gets better and better each book. :)
xx

Ann Lou Great review Jilly! I super love this series and cannot wait for the last book which I would be sad reading since last book and all. One of my favorite couple in the fictional world Curran and Kate 😁

message 16: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia Jilly wrote: "Hi Sofia!
NO! No lo..."

Thanks

Jilly You're welcome, Sofia! Now, go read it! :D

message 18: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia Jilly wrote: "You're welcome, Sofia! Now, go read it! :D

Ann Lou - Thank you! I am sad the next one will be the last one too, but I'm hoping for a Derek/Julie spin off!"

I will :)

Parvati Patil Lovely review.

Jilly Thank you, Parvati! :)