Mario Sailer's Reviews > Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage of Human Consciousness

Reinventing Organizations by Frederic Laloux

did not like it
bookshelves: agile-organizations

Reinventing Organizations could have been a great book if it was not full of spirituality and and if the author would have been less superficial.

When I read this book, I went through a whole bunch of different feelings. First excitement because I like the idea of self-managed teams. Then disappointment when I realized, that it is sometimes a bit flat and superficial. Then interested again when I read about all the companies having employed self-management, from most of which I have not heard before. This interest resulted in research in the internet which resulted in anger. I had to realize, that the author at best has a selective perception, at worst is not sincere with the reader, because things depicted in the book are in a way which underpins his (spiritual) way of thinking. If you read other sources things get another, less spiritual (and we all love each other because we are good and we only want the the best for the world therefore sacrificing our-self) flavor.

At the end it just was a torture to get finished.

If someone is really interested in self-management and self-organizing teams and wants to know what to do to get closer to this ideal (apart from believing in the good of men and blaming management to subdue employees) this book does not help very much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reinventing Organizations.

Started Reading