Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘'s Reviews > Fool's Quest

Fool's Quest by Robin Hobb

I *inadvertently* deleted my notes and I'm not annoyed at myself at all right now, OF COURSE. RTC as soon as I can function properly, which might be long enough for you to have grandchildren.

For now : Fool's Quest, a summary :
- Fitz, NO! You know I love you but NO!
- OMG IS THAT A TEAR IN MY EYES I'M PRETTY SURE IT IS FUCKING FINALLY THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
- I said NO!
- Forget what I said - KILL THEM ALL KILL THEM ALL KILL THEM ALL
- Oh, Thick! I missed you!
- You, Lant, are a moron.
- Tssk Tssk Tssk nope nope nope nope nope
- YAY! FINA-
- Alright. Never mind. My heart is JUST fucking BLEEDING
- Oh, don't you DARE, you people!
- KILL THEM ALL KILL THEM ALL KILL THEM ALL (bis)
- (view spoiler) I might burst from happiness.
- I smile. It hurts. I'm not gonna hope too-much though because I know I shouldn't but aww that is actually adorable and -

Because it might not be obvious : I LOVE FITZ. Flaws and all. He will always be my favorite, OKAY? The truth is, I will shake my head at him, relentlessly urge him to freaking ASK FOR HELP, but it will take only a whisper against him to morph me into a protective wolf. As it will only take a much deserved reconnaissance for me to cry. My poor, poor Fitz. How much we suffered together (more than 5,000 pages O_o). He can appear restless and TSTL, but the thing is, his decisions make sense? Or am I too lenient when it comes to him? Or perhaps I just get him? Maybe (I don't really care, honestly), but whatever it is, it shows how great a writer Robin Hobb is.
__________________

Please don't hurt me. Please don't hurt me. Please don't hurt me. Please don't hurt me. Please don't hurt me. Please don't hurt me. Please don't hurt me. Please don't hurt me. Please don't

Alright. It's Robin Hobb.

Please don't hurt me too much. Please don't hurt me too much. Please don't hurt me too much. Please don't hurt me too much

Alright. It's Fitz.

Please don't be stupid.
Or careless.
Or

Okay. Don't die. Is that okay with you? Do what you want, but don't die. And don't kill the Fool.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fool's Quest.

June 10, 2015 – Shelved
September 18, 2016 – Started Reading
September 18, 2016 –
20.0% ""It's time, Fitz. Time and past time. Come. Come with me."\n\nOMG I'M GONNA HAVE A PANIC ATTACK OMG FUCKING FINALLY I CAN'T BELIEVE IT THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU"
September 19, 2016 –
22.0% ""A charging buck." THIS. I know people are reading this series without having read the first two trilogies, but please don't, because now? I'm CRYING and it's FANTASTIC and I wouldn't give a damn if I haven't followed Fitz since the beginning. I just wouldn't have any reason to, and that would be such a shame. Also, I LOVE THIS."
September 26, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ Sending the most positive thoughts your way :D

Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥ Fingers, toes, arms and eyes crossed you! =D

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Thank you girls!!! I hope hope hope!!

Cédric Lavarde Did you get an answer from NetGalley? I'm waiting for mine!! Can't handle that much pressure!

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Cédric wrote: "Did you get an answer from NetGalley? I'm waiting for mine!! Can't handle that much pressure!"

God NO I haven't :( I keep looking at my mailbox like a lunatic >.< Thanks for the friends request, by the way! A French fan of Fitz?? Awesome :D

Cédric Lavarde :D Yep, living up in the dreadful north ;)
I'm the same, checking and checking ;)
Hopefully I still have two to go through before August, but that's not gonna last me long enough!

Fingers crossed!

Cédric Lavarde Oh my god! Oh my god! *justfainted*

message 8: by SMi (new) - added it

SMi Annnnd croissants? Damn!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Aw, Anna, I've missed you! I'm hoping teaching's going well! :D

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Mikaela wrote: "Aw, Anna, I've missed you! I'm hoping teaching's going well! :D"

Aww I've missed you too!!! It's going great, so much more time to prepare everything I need to :D It will probably take me 2 weeks to read this one, but I figured I'd better read something I love when I have a little time :))

Tamar I'm waiting for the third book then I'll start reading this series because with Robbin Hobb it's all or nothing, I don't think I could wait a year for Fitzchivery and the Fool. I read the Farseer and The Tawny Man trilogies in 2 weeks and it was not enough

message 12: by Giovanna (new)

Giovanna I'm still stuck at the first trilogy sigh. Book 3 was a huge disappointment so I don't know what to do with the others xD

P.s. Sorry you didn't like CK :( won't comment there cause we don't agree on anything ahahah xDDD
I hope all is fine :D

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Giovanna wrote: "I'm still stuck at the first trilogy sigh. Book 3 was a huge disappointment so I don't know what to do with the others xD

P.s. Sorry you didn't like CK :( won't comment there cause we don't agree ..."

Ha, yes, the third wasn't as good as the others, I agree! But I lost any subjectivity a while ago when it comes to Fitz XD

I'm glad you loved CK! I can see why really. Oh well. It happens. Now Marchetta WOOT!! I have *a little* more time lately finally! Still pretty busy but at least I can read :)) How are you?

Sophia "You, Lant, are a moron" might have been my biggest reaction throughout this book (occasionally interspersed with "Fitz, stop being a moron!"