Vivienne's Reviews > Faerie Tale

Faerie Tale by Raymond E. Feist

272081

bookshelves: faerie, fantasy, contemporary

This is the only stand alone novel that Feist has written. I read it many years ago and recently acquired it for my Kindle. When adding it to Goodreads I accidentally marked it as read, which led to a comment from a friend who shares my passion for Faerie. This exchange prompted me to start reading rather than just add to my very long TBR list.

I had forgotten the details of the plot so this was almost like a fresh read. I felt it held up well and overall certainly was an intelligent yet quite unsettling tale of the Fae. There are a few scenes worthy of The Exorcist in terms of disturbing horror involving children. Although set firmly in late 1980s New England, Feist draws upon various strands of faerie lore including Shakespeare, the tale of Thomas the Rhymer and Scottish and Irish folklore.

A terrific, chilling tale. I also loved the new cover art that was very reminiscent of Alan Lee's work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faerie Tale.

June 9, 2015 – Started Reading
June 9, 2015 – Shelved
June 21, 2015 – Finished Reading
June 25, 2015 – Shelved as: faerie
June 25, 2015 – Shelved as: fantasy
June 25, 2015 – Shelved as: contemporary

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Kimberly I also read this years ago and loved it enough to still have it on shelf. May have to revisit it soon.

Vivienne certainly worth a revisit