Regina Foo's Reviews > Legion

Legion by Brandon Sanderson

Jun 08, 2015

bookshelves: fiction, writing-references, young-adult, series, read2015, thriller, 2q-2015

My name is Stephen Leeds, and I'm perfectly sane. My hallucinations, however, are all quite mad.

The first line of this book immediately catches my attention. I knew I'm going to like this and I'm right.

This book is recommended by a member in one of the book groups I joined on Facebook because it talks about hallucinations that matches the criteria of a writing project I'm currently working in.

I heard of Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson but I wasn't aware of this novella series. This is one of the books that I think it was too short after I finished reading the last page of it.

As mentioned at the beginning of this post, the main character is called Stephen Leeds. He is an extremely intelligent person but always thought to be insane. He has a lot of hallucinations which he calls them aspects sometimes.

Each of his aspects has their own expertise in some sense, like observation and analysis, knowledgeable and calm, military and weaponry expertise, and more. Among all his aspects, Ivy, Tobias and J. C. are the most active aspects that almost always be around him.

Legend is a detective-like stories like Sherlock Holmes, just that Stephen uses the skills of his aspects to help him solve the puzzles. The puzzle he needs to solve in this book is the missing of a mystery camera which claimed to be able to capture the picture of what happened in the past.

The pace of the story is quite fast, perhaps because it's a novella. Even though its short, it pretty much sums out the important points in the story with a cliffhanger that will lead you to read the sequel - Skin Deep.

There is a twist-turner which I didn't expect much and it happens when Stephen encounters the terrorists. I didn't expect the terrorists to be the group that we're quite familiar in Malaysia (especially Sabah).

After I finished reading the book, I couldn't get enough of it. I wish to know more on how Stephen cope with so many hallucinations. Will he go crazy soon? Who is the girl whose picture was captured by the mystery camera? I can't wait to start reading Skin Deep now.

This review is originally posted on: http://wp.me/p5m5jd-hu
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legion.

June 8, 2015 – Shelved
June 30, 2015 – Shelved as: read2015
June 30, 2015 – Shelved as: thriller
June 30, 2015 – Shelved as: 2q-2015
June 30, 2015 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Sara J. (new)

Sara J. (kefuwa) Sanderson!! <3