Janet Morris's Reviews > The Lunatic Cafe

The Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K. Hamilton

Nov 10, 2010

bookshelves: books-in-a-series, fantasy, 2011-reads, supernatural, vampires, zombies, shapeshifters, werewolves, romance, rating-4-stars
Read from January 22 to April 11, 2011

As with Circus of the Damned, I enjoyed the book. Also, as with the 3rd Anita Blake novel, I felt that it was not as well written as it could be.

The stories are very intriguing and, despite their flaws, help keep the reader interested in reading. They have a very intense nature that keeps you entertained and wanting more. Reading them almost becomes an addiction.

That being said, I really disliked in some places where entire lines (even paragraphs) were lifted from previous novels and placed in The Lunatic Cafe. I understand that this story is supposed to be narrated by the same character as the other books, but it seems like other phrasing could have been used. The repetition was a bit unnerving. The over-describing that was done in previous books seemed to be kept in a minimum in this book, but there were some parts where it seemed that too many lines were being used to describe meaningless aspects of the book.

Despite the description issue and the repetition, I still plan on continuing on with the series. Hopefully, it will either get better or I will grow accustomed to the writing style.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lunatic Cafe.

01/22/2011 page 15
04/10/2011 page 38
11.0% "finally started reading again recently..."

Natasha Larry great book!

Janet Morris Natasha wrote: "great book!"
Eventually, I need to finish it.