alhafizol's Reviews > The Wedding

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

Nov 10, 2010

bookshelves: borrow

A fascinating love story that make me drift. As an estate lawyer, Wilson has always being so practical in everything he did including the intimate relationship with his wife. He was to much occupied with his job. He forgot his children birthdays, spent less time for family vacations, and even worse he forgot the anniversary. Knowing that her husband did all these to provide the family, Jane try to understand but deep inside she's hurt. The wall between them become thicker and their days are filled with nothing but silence. Before it is too late, Wilson realizes his mistakes and makes a plan to win his wife's heart back and to save their marriage. But, Anna, their daughter,suddenly declares that she's getting married and to make thing more complicated, it'll be on the day Wilson wanted to give a big surprise for Jane, their 30th anniversary. It's actually a part of his plan.

Told from Wilson point of view, The Wedding is indeed an enjoyable romance that will make you smile all along and sometimes get you all teary. The idea is pretty simple and straightforward but the way Nicholas Sparks delivers the story is really engaging. What will you do when you feel that your wife is fallen out of love with you? Wilson did everything he could to make his wife fall for him all over again. Starting with simple, simple change such as spending less time for work and more with family, starting to loose weight, prepare dinner, Wilson has prepare surprise after surprise, that will make his wife's (and no doubt the female readers) heart melting. As a guy, I really admired Wilson because he realizes all his mistakes and even though he can't change what was happen in the past, he makes a great effort for a brighter future for himself and his beloved wife. No doubt he's a great husband or rather he tries to be one. Jane in the other hand is a bit difficult to describe. She is not demanding but she is expecting that Wilson could be a husband more like his father, Noah. (Remember Noah and Allie in The Notebook?. Well Jane's their daughter.) I think it's not fair for Wilson, but who can blame her? Noah and Allie were a sweet couple after all and Jane grown up dreaming that she'll have the same relationship as her parents.

All in all, The Wedding is a very satisfying and enjoyable romance novel which is very hard to put down until the last page. The twist at the end of the novel was so brilliant and I just couldn't imagine that such a situation did occur in the real life. This is one of the the books that that left me saying "I'm glad that I pick up this book".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding.

November 10, 2010 – Started Reading
November 17, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 4: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Your review make me wanted to get this book..)))

alhafizol Hi, Amanda. You'll love it.

message 2: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Hafiz, my first book of Nicholas Sparks was
The Notebook. I like the book and the movie as well.
I'll get this, currently too many books in my TBR.

alhafizol Haha!! We always got too many books in TBR list don't we. About the notebook, I just watch the movie. Still searching for the book. I read The Choice and it's also good. And, Dear John is waiting for me in the list. =)