♥ Sandi ❣ 's Reviews > The Swans of Fifth Avenue

The Swans of Fifth Avenue by Melanie Benjamin

liked it
bookshelves: 1-have

Gossip and betrayal are the fundamentals of this novel. Set in the 1950's, Hollywood glamour, the super elite rich of New York, gossip, scandal and betrayal.

Babe Paley meets and brings Truman Capote into her inner circle of the spoiled elite, which he referred to as "the Swans". He makes friends with the wives and girlfriends, then edges into the lives of the men. Capote was then involved with "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "In Cold Blood" along with his partner, Jack. After being brought into the fold he is exposed to everyone's hidden secrets.
This book brings the best and worse out in Capote, as it relates how he spoiled and catered to his Swans, and then how he betrayed them.

A book of fiction, based loosely on fact, but not my favorite of this author. Not a bad novel by any means, but not quite up to the speed of her previous books, in my opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Swans of Fifth Avenue.

June 6, 2015 – Shelved
page 204
February 27, 2016 –
page 272
February 28, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ Started this one but it was reading like a gossip column. To much soap opera for me.

♥ Sandi ❣	I did not care much for this one either. I do like Benjamin, but this one just seemed to miss the mark for me.

message 3: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ Like her too. My favorite of hers was the Lindbergh one.