Amanda's Reviews > Better When It Hurts

Better When It Hurts by Skye Warren

bookshelves: dark-bdsm-kinky, ex-army-military, kickass-badass-hero, arc-netgalley, favourite-2015

5 'hot-damn-delicious-angst' stars

I love this Stripped #2 is so much much more than Stripped #1. Better When It Hurts is a 179 pages pack full of deliciousness. Is a book that you will want to read in one sitting because there isn't any lull moment that allow you to put it down for a break. I'm not a fan of angst, but this one is full of delicious angst that enable me to savor every moment of it.

The story drew you in from the first page itself. You might think you miss something because Warren didn't waste time on the introduction. But fear not, this can work as a standalone, the only thing that you need to know about Lola and Blue from the previous book is that she is a stripper and he is a bouncer that had his eyes on her. That's all.

I'm intrigue to know the history between Lola and Blue. We told that they were foster siblings and were a couple, but Lola did something that caused Blue to be sent away. I smell something fishy and bad about the whole mystery event.

Lola is adamant that Blue came back for revenge and he want to exact his payment in terms of having her body any way imaginable. Why is it that with Blue coercing sex from Lola is making me hot all over. Even his harsh treatment and cruelty towards her is making me fucking turned on big time!

description

"I'm the only one who gets to fuck you. The only person who's going to mark this pretty skin is me."

He dips two fingers inside my pussy and scoops his come out. With a cold glint in his eyes, he pushes those fingers inside my mouth. Salt and arousal spill onto my tongue, made rough by the calluses of his hands.

Let me stressed it again. The sex is filthy and dirty and I'm warning you that wetting your panties is eminent.

description

Even without having Blue's POV, I was totally in love with the guy. He might seems cruel to Lola in the beginning because he was harboring some hatred and resentment towards her, but we learned that deep down he still unable to forget Lola despite whatever she did to him. He is always there in the shadow, looking after her, protecting her.

"I can't let you go. You know that, don't you? You're mine now. Learn the taste of me, the feel of me, because this is the only cock that's going to be in your mouth. I'm the only man you're going to fuck"

Better When It Hurts is the book with the perfect pacing, well developed characters that make you root for them, the sex is superbly done and the ending left you wanting more. Although I love the ending, I wish I got more of Blue and Lola's future and their time together. Here's to hoping Skye Warren will visit these characters again.

"You're mine now, Lola. For better or for fucking worse. You sent me away all those years ago, but there's nothing you can do to me now."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Better When It Hurts.

June 5, 2015 – Started Reading
June 5, 2015 – Shelved
June 5, 2015 –
47.0% "I'm feeling hot with the cruel way he treats her. Is normal right?"
June 6, 2015 – Shelved as: dark-bdsm-kinky
June 6, 2015 – Shelved as: ex-army-military
June 6, 2015 – Shelved as: kickass-badass-hero
June 6, 2015 – Finished Reading
June 7, 2015 – Shelved as: arc-netgalley
June 10, 2015 – Shelved as: favourite-2015

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

EgyptDiva I have a weak spot for Hate turned Love relationships. So yeah , "normal" :D !

Amanda EgyptDiva wrote: "I have a weak spot for Hate turned Love relationships. So yeah , "normal" :D !"

Totally hate/love here. Filthy sex is a bonus.

EgyptDiva I think this will be a read-soon for me. As long as there are no OW/OM in here I'll gladly dive in. :D !

Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus) Glad u enjoyed it Amanda :)

Amanda EgyptDiva wrote: "I think this will be a read-soon for me. As long as there are no OW/OM in here I'll gladly dive in. :D !"

No ow/om. I'm sure u gonna enjoy it.

Amanda Gabriella ♥ Liam Callahan's girl ♥ wrote: "Glad u enjoyed it Amanda :)"

This one is really good. Thanks, gabriella.

EgyptDiva Thanks Amanda ! Glad you loved it ;)

message 8: by S.M. (new)

S.M. West Great review, Amanda. xo

Amanda Suzanne wrote: "Great review, Amanda. xo"

Thank you, Suzanne.

message 10: by Mysza (new)

Mysza Great review Amanda!

Amanda Mysza wrote: "Great review Amanda!"

Thank you, Mysza.

message 12: by Stacey is Sassy (new)

Stacey is Sassy Sounds interesting Amanda. Great review :-) ♥

Amanda Thanks, Stacey. Is a great read if u are in the mood for some hotness.

message 14: by Stacey is Sassy (new)

Stacey is Sassy Amanda wrote: "Thanks, Stacey. Is a great read if u are in the mood for some hotness."

I'm always in the mood for hotness ;)

message 15: by Marie (new)

Marie That is a Damn HOT Review!!! The Quotes, the graphics, just damn!

Amanda Marie wrote: "That is a Damn HOT Review!!! The Quotes, the graphics, just damn!"

Is super HOT, Marie!